Followers

Monday, November 1, 2010

HEY, WHY CAN'T WE JUST BE GOOD FRIENDS?

I have to say something about Jason. He is the lead guitar player of The Careless Picnickers (again! Yes this dead group again). You know, everything that dies may one day comes back. I heard someone said that before, I guess it must be Bruce Springsteen, he sang that line in 'Atlantic City' taken off his album 'Nebraska'. Now, anyone of you who has just lately been retrenched or laid off by your boss, don't ever touch that CD. It will make you more depressed. However, if you suffer from insomnia, that is the cure! Warning though, it is a guy's album, most girls won't listen to it unless they can't sleep, ok?

What about Jason? He is quite good looking. On first impression, there is nothing you wouldn't like about him. One thing annoying is that he keeps saying the same thing over and over. He thinks its funny. Ever since he watched the movie 'Bend it like Beckham', each time he picks up his guitar, he would go ' Play it like Sambora'(Bon Jovi)' or 'Play it like Johnny Marr(The Smiths)' or 'Play it like Kirk Hemmett (Metallica)' or 'Play it like Kurt Cobain(Nirvana)' or 'Play it like Richie Blackmore(Deep Purple)' or 'Play it like Jeff Young(Megadeth)' or 'Play it like Mark Knopfler(Dire Straits)' or 'Play it like Thompson(The Cure)' or "Play it like Noel Gallagher(Oasis) and on and on....and I would just tell him 'Why don't you just play it like yourself?' He says he can't.

Another thing about Jason is that he is boastful. He thinks he knows more about the guitar than anyone else But I have to agree, he can play 'Sultans of Swing' (Dire Straits) damn well! Jason says it  is a great song to practise your fingers with, as it utilises the entire neck of the guitar. I always like to hear him him play the lead solo bit of 'Don't look back in anger' (Oasis). He can play it note for note and the rest of the guys would bow at his feet as though he is Noel! I always love that song. I guess Oasis fans around the world would make this their anthem. 'Oasis fans of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but Oasis!'

Yet another thing about Jason is that he is so secretive. All this while we have been going out in a group, we have so much fun and laughter, most of the jokes came from dear Sebastian. He can really make you laugh just by sitting there and not moving. Jason has two secrets he won't let out. One, which someone eventually found out, is that he is playing with another group 'The Yellow Porcupines' (a punk band influenced by 'The Ramones', 'The Sex Pistols', 'The Dead Kennedys', 'The Exploited' and 'MC5').

We suspected something fishy as he came in one day with a spiky haircut and a safety pin through the left side of his nose. When we found out, there is a big argument between him and the leader, Sebastian. Sebastian says its okay, Jason can stay in the band as long he comes in whenever he is needed. I really pity Sebastian, he says that mainly because he is really desperate. The band cannot exist without a lead guitarist. And one says the dummest thing when one is desperate. Like so many people remain in the same job even though  they are underpaid.

The most frightening thing about Jason is his other secret. One day I am by myself, Jason comes by to tell me that he is crazy over me. He says that ever since he met me, he cannot keep his mind off me. He wants me to be his special. I am so surprised by that, I just don't know what to tell him. All this time, when we are with the group, Jason never shows any liking  towards me and now he says he adores me. I am confused.

The only thing I can tell Jason is that I am not ready for any relationship of that kind. If he wants to, he can treat me like a kid sister, then I am not afraid to follow him anywhere. At least that would give me some time to think things over and get to know him better.

Soon Jason starts dating me. I follow him along like he's my big brother. Each time I come home from our date, I get a feeling that Jason is not satisfied with me being his sister. He wants something more, he wants assurance, he wants possession!  One time I don't know if its a joke, he passes me a note where he has written 'Sometimes we may quarrel, other times we laugh. Whatever happens, as lovers we will last. I am always your hubby and you my wife.' He signs on it and asks me to do too. I refuse. From then on I try to keep my distance.

Jason begins to be jealous of Sebastian and tells me not to believe him too much. One day Sebastian comes in and says he kind of like Bob Marley. Lately, he has bought a Dvd 'Bob Marley Live at the Rainbow' and he intends to show it to the group. He tells Jason to listen to 'Trenchtown Rock'. Jason shouted ' Why the hell should we listen to you. We don't play raggae, you can keep that load of rubbish to yourself!' Sebastian keeps quiet.

I figure out that Jason starts hating me ever since I refuse to sign his note. One day, he walks in with a girl, hand in hand. He introduces his girlfriend to the group, including me. A week later, this girl comes and tell me she hates me. She says Jason talks about me all the time. She thinks he loves me and not her. I am getting even more confused.

Jason jealousy grows worse each time he sees me talking with Sebastian. He always thinks that Sebastian is up to no good. He says Sebastian is trying to get me into bed with his music knowledge. I hate him for saying that. Sebastian has always been a gentleman to me and he will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment